Jemma's Top Ten Skin Boosters
Any beauty regime should start with looking after your skin, which is the true indicator of how you are on the inside. These simple steps can make a world of difference.
- Eat a good diet full of fresh organic food and plenty of roughage to maintain a healthy digestive system.
- Drink at least 2 litres of still water throughout the day. Herbal teas contain beneficial antioxidants, and hot water with lemon is super-cleansing and a source of vitamin C.
- Get enough sleep – a good night’s rest can take years off you. Magnesium oil is a great relaxant, and a warm bath with epsom salts before bed will help you sleep.
- Cleanse and moisturise every day. A good skincare regime,using products appropriate for your skin, will help keep it in optimum condition.
- Exfoliate regularly to slough off the dead cells on the surface and encourage the rejuvenation of the skin underneath.Some very gentle exfoliators can be used daily, whereas others should only be used once or twice a week.
- Stress has a negative impact on the skin, so make sure you find balance in your life by having time out for yourself. Meditation, soaking in the bath and no phone calls or emailing after 6pm are all things that help me to unwind.
- Exercise is good for the skin, as it aids circulation, increasing oxygen levels in the blood and speeding up the elimination of toxins. Exercising in the fresh air is even better, giving you that unmistakable healthy glow.
- If you can, see a facialist once every couple of months, or whenever you feel you need it, for a really good cleanse.
- Colonic and liver detoxes are good for the skin, as they accelerate the elimination of toxins from your system.
- Wear SPF on your face all year round – factor 30 in winter and 50 in summer. This will help to prevent signs of ageing .